The CIB guidelines for CIB Encouraged and CIB Recognised Journals here describe in detail the criteria that must be met by such journals.
A CIB Encouraged Journal must demonstrate high quality and relevance to the work of CIB Commissions and the CIB membership, maintained over several years. For exceptional reasons a new journal may be Encouraged, but only for a limited time during which it must prove itself worthy of retaining that status.
All Encouraged Journals are reviewed at three-yearly intervals to ensure that their original quality and relevance have been maintained, and that they continue to comply with all the criteria specified in the CIB guidelines.
A journal that has maintained extraordinary high quality and relevance for a period of more than 9 years, and has complied with the guideline criteria, will earn the title of CIB Recognised Journal.
As per September 2013 the CIB Recognised or Encouraged Journals are as follows:
CIB Recognised Journals:
CIB Encouraged Journals
- Advancement of Performance Information & Value, Journal for
- Architectural Engineering and Design Management
- Architecture Science (ArS)
- Building Physics, Journal of
- Built Environment Project and Asset Management
- Civil Engineering and Management, Journal of
- Construction Economics and Building, Australasian Journal of
- Construction Innovation: Information, Process, Management
- Construction Management, The International Journal of
- Developing Countries, The Journal of Construction in
- Disaster Resilience in the Built Environment, International Journal of
- Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management
- Engineering Design and Technology, Journal of
- Financial Management of Property and Construction, The Journal of
- Fire Protection Engineering, Journal of
- Informes de la Construcción
- Intelligent Buildings International
- ITcon - Journal of Information Technology in Construction
- Law in the Built Environment, International Journal of
- Materiales de Construcción
- Open House International (OHI)
- Revista Ingeniería de Construcción (Journal of Construction Engineering)
- Smart and Sustainable Built Environment
- Structural Survey: Journal of Building Pathology and Refurbishment