While the CIB General Secretariat is located in Delft, The Netherlands, CIB seeks to serve an international membership spread al over the world. In order to augment that service and to bring CIB closer to its membership base and potential new members in countries outside Europe, CIB has established eight regional offices (see below).
The development of regional offices is an evolutionary process that is still in progress. It is anticipated that other regional offices will gradually be established.
The CIB Regional Offices focus on:
- targetted membership acquisition and retention in the region
- interlinking world wide, region to region as well as within regions
- collaboration between the existing CIB Membership in the region
- development and presentation to CIB of regional R&D Agendas
- São Paulo - South America
- Tokyo - Japan
- Tehran - West/Central Asia
- Dubai - MENA: Middle East and North Africa
- Cape Town - Southern Africa